Here’s my first game. It’s technically a game; it has user input and some challenge to overcome.
You are the undead face. Avoid the angry starfish wearing fishnets. But they spawn faster and faster…
Controls: [UP ARROW] and [DOWN ARROW] to move.
What did I learn?
Okay so it’s pretty basic. But it was really fun to make and I learnt a lot:
- The structure of a Unity project and the basics of the Unity Editor
- Making ‘art’ assets in Photoshop, using a digital drawing tablet.
- How basic UI components work (the hearts, score and the YOU DIED screen)
- How to make looping parallax backgrounds
- What a ‘prefab’ is and how to instantiate them at randomised locations at runtime.